Martin Parr Foundation Exhibition Open Call
The Martin Parr Foundation is offering an emerging UK-based curator a unique opportunity to present a photographic project.
This is your opportunity to develop a curated project that will be presented at the Foundation in Bristol in autumn 2021
As part of the Foundations ongoing commitment to diversify its exhibition programme and provide a curatorial platform for underrepresented voices and perspectives, this Open Call invites curators (no formal qualification or experience required) to submit an exhibition proposal for either a single figure or group show. The Martin Parr Foundation particularly welcomes proposals from non-white applicants.
Exhibition proposals must align with the Foundations remit to support photographers working in or making work about the British Isles. The Foundation welcomes a broad interpretation of this and looks forward to supporting the selected curator in developing their proposal.
Your application will be reviewed by a selection panel of photography experts consisting of:
- Mariama Attah, Curator, Open Eye Gallery, Liverpool
- Song Tae Chong, Independent Curator and Photo Historian
- Alona Pardo, Curator, Barbican Art Gallery, London
- Jennie Ricketts, Independent Photography Consultant
• Deadline for applications: 26 February 2021
• Selected curator announced: March 2021
• Exhibition programmed to run from October to December 2021 (exact dates tbc)
Full details of the Exhibition Open Call are available on the Martin Parr Foundation website.